To become an Advanced Course (Street-Talk defensive driving) provider you will need to complete the following steps:
- Make application to the NZIDI Training Group to become a provider, by emailing us the NZIDI Training Group app form to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy of both sides of your drivers Licence. Note upon receiving your application above we will contact you to gauge your suitability to be a course provider.
- Complete a Street Talk course with one of the providers and gain a certificate of completion. (This will give you an overview of the programme and help you decide if you want to facilitate the programme) Remember to send us a copy your Street talk certificate as proof of your completion of the course.
- Hold unit standard 7097 (Deliver Interactive Training Sessions For Adult Education) this is available as a distance-learning package from The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand. Your contact for this is:
Free phone 0508 650 200
- Hold Unit standard 14522 (Describe processes which lead to enhanced driver self-management) this is available from Stephen Wickens PassRite Wellington. Your contact for this is:
14 Broken Hill Road
Ph. 04 2375950 or 0272885712
- Attend a 3 day training course to learn how to facilitate the Street Talk programme. Your contact for this is:
NZIDE Training Group Ltd
Ph. 04 3877480 or 0272408860
Next 3 Day Training Course.
Dates: Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th, Friday 14th of December 2018.
Dates: Wednesday 13th, Thursday 14th, Friday 15th of February 2019.
Note: your facilitation skills and suitability to be a provider will be assessed at the 3 day training course.
There is no cost to attend the three day training course, you just need to have completed a Street Talk course as a student, made application and have or be working towards the two unit standards as above)